Saturday, June 18, 2011

3 Men, 1 Coyote, 1 Hog and a fly on the barn door.

Picture this if you can, 3 Men, 1  Coyote, and 1 Razorback Hog. Seems like a recipe for some type of disaster doesn't it? My normally intellegent man ran through the house holding his rifle just before dark and yelling I'll be back there is a dang coyote headed through the pasture to Uncle Lewis'. Note that I said normally intellegent that is until there is the slighest possibilty of a wild critter that he can hunt down and with any luck shoot. Now don't get me wrong when you live in the country and have cattle, chickens, and the like the only good coyote is a dead coyote. So,  I just shook my head and fiqured that there pour coyote already had the jump on him and he was just a waisting his time. As I watched he headed down the drive in his pic-em-up truck with dust just a fly'in. What he had no way of knowing was that two of his buddies just saw that same dang coyote and went to chasing it in their four wheeler through the pasture. Are ya getting the big picture now? Well my intellegent other half goes on to Uncle Lewis' and sets himself up at the cattle pens sees that dang coyote sets up and takes aim with his rifle. In the meantime his two buddies see the coyote they set up and take aim with their rifles about a hundred yards away. Now keep in mind that they still don't know each other is about hunting the same dang coyote. Well just about the time his buddies are going to shoot at that cotton pickin coyote here comes a blazing in front of them a razorback hog so naturally they turn their attention to the hog and immediatly start shooting at the hog and miss. Now this happens at the very same time my other half shoots at the coyote and misses. Needless to say that the all them there shots from them rifles done scared off all them there critters, no one hit what they were shooting at, and I believe all three of these otherwise intellegent men went home to clean out their darn britches. What I would have given to have been a fly on the barn door.

Now that there razorback hog that they missed has me a thinkin bout a roast leg of pork recipe I have from the Civil War...now where is that recipe....

No comments: